Official lyric and worship music video for "You Did it Unto Me," a song inspired by the parable of the sheep and the goats in Matthew 25. This song is a prayer for eyes to see the needs right around us and the grace to respond with a heart of compassion—reminding us that whenever we serve the least of these, we serve Christ Himself.
Brought Our Hearts to You (lyrics)
(Verse 1)
Lord, give me eyes to see them
The way that You see them, Lord.
Give me a heart of compassion
To love them and serve them more.
When someone is hungry or thirsty,
When someone is lonely and weak,
Send me to meet them right where they are,
To be Your hands and feet.
(Chorus)
Give me Your eyes, Lord,
Give me Your heart.
Show me the broken
And where I should start.
Give me Your mercy,
Give me Your love.
Let me see Jesus
In everyone.
(Verse 2)
When someone is sick and hurting,
When someone has no place to stay,
When someone feels forgotten,
Lord, don't let me turn away.
Give me the grace to notice,
Give me the courage to care.
When I see someone in need, Lord,
Let me find You there.
(Chorus)
Give me Your eyes, Lord,
Give me Your heart.
Show me the broken
And where I should start.
Give me Your mercy,
Give me Your love.
Let me see Jesus
In everyone.
(Bridge)
Then one day I'll stand before You,
And everything will be known.
And I will hear You say to me,
“Come, you who are My own.”
“Come, you, blessed by My Father,
Inherit what I’ve prepared for you.
The kingdom that's been waiting
Since the creation of the world.”
And I'll say, “Lord, when did I see You?
When did I serve You, Lord?”
And You will answer:
“You did it unto Me,
You did it unto Me.
When you served the least of these,
You did it unto Me.”
“You did it unto Me,
You did it unto Me.
When you loved the least of these,
You did it unto Me.”
(Final Chorus — Bigger)
Give me Your eyes, Lord,
Give me Your heart.
Show me the broken
And where I should start.
Give me Your mercy,
Give me Your love.
Let me see Jesus
In everyone.
Author's note: I also recommend Testimonies of Len and Denis Lacroix, The Truth Set Me Free!, Interview with Brother Danny Hahlbohm, Interview with Brother Michael Thomas Sambo, Interview with Brother Andrew Stenhouse, and Interview with Brother Dennis L. Nederveen. You may access my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master." Now I'd like to ask a very important question.
Do You Want to Know Him?
If you want to know Jesus personally, you can. It all begins when you repent and believe in Jesus. Do you know what God's Word, the Bible says?
“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15). He preached that we must repent and believe.
Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"
Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International. He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.
Do You Want to Know Him?
If you want to know Jesus personally, you can. It all begins when you repent and believe in Jesus. Do you know what God's Word, the Bible says?
“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15). He preached that we must repent and believe.
Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"
_________________________________________________
Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International. He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.
No comments:
Post a Comment